True Sport Values
1. Bring Your Best
Bring your best to every game and enjoy the challenge win, lose or draw.
2. Play Fair
Play by the rules and uphold the spirit of the game – both on and off the field.
3. Show Respect
Treat others how you want to be treated. Respect everyone’s contribution to the game.
4. Have Fun
It’s a game, enjoy it! Celebrate a game well played, not just the final score.
5. Be Healthy
Look after yourself and lead by example. Respect your mental and physical health by making good choices.
6. Include All
Invite everyone to play your sport. Being an inclusive community is the Australian way.
7. Give Back
Lend a helping hand. No matter how big or small, the sporting community can’t survive without you. Thank those involved in bringing you the game.
8. Be Safe
We’ve got your back. Ensure your team mates are safe both on and off the field.
You can share the True Sport values in your club by downloading the poster.
Text for your website or newsletter
- Always strive for excellence and rise to the challenge, but never at the expense of others. Discover how good you can be.
- Play honestly and obey the rules, in letter and spirit. Winning is only meaningful when competition is fair.
- Show respect for everyone involved in creating a sporting experience, both on the field and off. Win with dignity and lose with grace.
- Find the joy of sport and have a good time. Keep a positive attitude and look to make a positive difference, on the field and in your community.
- Place physical and mental health above all other considerations and avoid unsafe activities. Respect your body and keep in shape.
- Share sport with others, regardless of creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or ability. Invite everyone into sport to make it more meaningful for the whole community.
- Always remember the community that supports your sport and helps make it possible. Find ways to show your appreciation and help others get the most out of sport.